The combo of these three reputed destinations in the central part of the country has never been cooling down. Best places in Central Vietnam are widely recognized as Huế, Hoian, and Danang which are located right next to one another.
Each of them is equipped with a diversity of recreational type such as sightseeing, relaxation, history, cuisine and so on. However, some of you may have never set foot on Vietnam by far, and planning a perfect trip throughout these places alongside with fine time budget can be a real trouble. Our advised three-day excursion below may be the best itinerary you can have found beside a choice of signing for a good Central Vietnam group tour.
Day 1: Danang – Sơn Trà Peninsula – Asia Park
- Morning: you can freely choose to catch a flight or train from Hanoi or Saigon to Danang. The best transportation depending can be flying as you are able to save a good amount of time for the rest of the trip. A morning flight at around 8 am is perfect.
- Afternoon: After landing in Danang, find a good place for a short lunch. My suggestion would be rice paper with pork and Mỳ Quảng. Mậu Restaurant on Trưng Nữ Vương Street is a highlight you can consider if you are down for this iconic dish. Afterward, consider paying a visit to Sơn Trà Peninsula, which is always known as one of the most dazzling stars for many Group tours in Central Vietnam. Linh Ứng Pagoda, located on the top of the Peninsula, is where you can chase the perfect view towards the deep blue sea surrounding Danang city. End your afternoon with a swim at Mỹ Khê Beach.
Rice paper rolled with pork
A part of Sơn Trà Peninsula
- Evening: Embark your first night here by admiring Danang in the sky. Visit Asia Park and purchase a ticket to get on the massive Sun Wheel, recorded to be one of the 10 highest Wheels in the whole wide World.
Sun Wheel – Danang’s Eye
Day 2: Danang Museum – Marble Mountains – Hoian
- Morning: After breakfast, start exploring the rest of the city’s attractions at Danang Museum, where artifacts reflecting the interesting daily life and history of the regional citizens are well displayed. The complex of Marble Mountains should not be missed in your “where to go in Danang” archive. The site is rewarded with the system of natural caves, alongside with poetic ancient pagodas and various marble stone carving villages located at the foot the mountains.
- Afternoon: A farewell to Danang will launch your fabulous time in Hoian. This UNESCO recognized Old Quarter. Must-see destinations in Hoian include the symbolic Japanese Covered Bridge, ancient houses, Fujian Assembly Hall and a lot more.
Fujian Assembly Hall
- Evening: A night food tour in Hoian is the best you can think of. Cao Lầu, Tofu with syrup, the best Bánh Mỳ in the World, etc., are what reward Hoian its deserved reputation.
Day 3: Bà Nà Hill – Khải Định Mausoleum – Huế
- Morning: After breakfast, start traveling back to Danang for a wonderful morning time at Bà Nà Hill. You can freely spend the first half of the day at the site. This French styled amusement park brings you to all four seasons within just one day.
- Afternoon: Kick start your afternoon journey by visiting the enormous Huế Citadel, an ancient capital of the last feudal dynasty in Vietnam. On the way from Danang to Huế, you would cross the massive Hải Vân Pass and stop by Lăng Cô fishing village for some stunning photographs. In addition, do not forget to add Khải Định Mausoleum, a gigantic building fused both Western and Oriental typical architecture.
Lăng Cô fishing village
Inside Khải Định Mausoleum
- Evening: pick a nice authentic Huế restaurant for a peaceful dinner. You can think of Huế delicacies such as Steamed rice cake, Tapioca starches with shrimp, Pancake or Huế beef noodles and the list goes on.
The finest way to fully explore the three destinations all at once with the best insight is through a help of local Central Vietnam group tours. Obviously, you can totally self-plan a trip across this Central area with a typical recommendation above. However, expanding your network by making a local friend in somewhere far-off like this S-shaped country will surely bring you a lot more fun.